Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Creative Space: stitchy

I do a school program about once a month which involves 15-16 year olds and some very confronting information about sexual assault and domestic violence. The program is brilliant and I do love this age. They can be so insightful sometimes and I love seeing their cool hairstyles and the way some of them, even at this age, have such an amazing sense of style and innate coolness, some people are just born with.

A few months ago when they were talking about an event in the media and how the public attitude was so different to how it may be now one of the young people said:
It just says it all really doesn't. It says so much about this generation of young people. That we give them access to all this plug in technology yet, we then, as a society,  hassle them for not being able to live without it. accuse them of living life through facebook and other social media. but the rules of what is ok are still unknown...
I think they get a lot of flack, but I think this generation is ace. And I thank the young guy who said this as it has made so many people laugh. If you want to make one- you can.
For more creative spaces click over to Kirstys blog.
and a great big giveaway is happening over here

21 comments:

  1. That is so ace Cath!
    Me and Bren use that all the time now. I wonder what he would think about that. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great! I love that you made it into a cross stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to throw that into the next conversation I can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEHEHE love it. Reminds me of an emboriderd ...knitting bag? I think it was over at the anticrat blog...knit one...f*ck you... for some reason, it just tickled me. Anti-nanna embroidery is awesome.


    xB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it - and yay you for your work with this age group.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a classic comment. Made me laugh.Great that you've used it in your embroidery. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not telling my kids that one !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I caught one of the young people I work with saying "OH EM GEE... I mean, like OH EM GEE". I nearly died. I didn't realise text had made it that far in their vocabulary! Love it. Will tell my partner this one, he's a super nerd so I'm sure he'll start using it next time I ask him why he needs a new *insert gadget here* xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats so great - it would be super cool if your stitching could make those kind of dinging, pinging and burping noises the dial up modems made...well, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it. Made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cool ~ definitely adding that to my vocab

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it. Thanks for keeping me in touch with todays teenagers! My kids are heading that way sooner or later so its nice to hear some one give them a good rap.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My friend was in a service station near my parents property and it was p*ssing down, end of July or sometime like that. In walked an old farmer and he said knowingly "It's raining dollars." I love that comment. Going to cross stitch it some day.

    ReplyDelete

what a nice person you are- taking the time to comment in this busy hectic world...Thank you!!