Thursday, March 04, 2010

My Creative Space

Pants. Trousers. Longs.
Being vertically gifted, I often have trouble finding pants that are long enough to cover my ankles- which is why no one is more thrilled then me about the current pants tucked into boots thing happening over the last few years. I realised the other day Busy, who we had noticed is much taller than all her mates, is also long in the leg. I realised every pair of pants she has are too short,  like 5cm+ too short. She is 3 , the pants are size 4.
So I thought I  better get to work and make her some long pants. I also thought it was about time I exploit her cuteness and make her wear something with my label on it. I bet she won't wear them.
....then I got into a bit of a pants mood and got into making some fisherman pants to sell here. I love this fabric so much!!Its got lobsters on it! love it. I have been slack with the fisho's of late- neglecting them in favour of rattles, but I liked making these pants this morning- just simple straight lines, no fiddley bits. No hand sewing of eyes and mouths and moustaches...

and finally because it wouldn't be a chunkychooky my creative space without a shot of some work in progress rattles:

For more creative spaces head over here and join in the fun

22 comments:

  1. I love the fisherman's pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving both pairs of pants!! the Fisherman's are so cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...I so get the long kid. Miss Asha is a size 2 in waist with a size 5 leg!!! I LOVE those Fisho's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - a rattle production line!

    Love the pants - especially those lobsters. Have heard that 7/8ths are in vogue too. For the vertically blessed, regular length can be 7/8ths and 7/8ths become capris. But for the short and stumpy like me 7/8ths mean long pants with weird decorative cuffs. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. always a fisherman's pants lover...esp if they are in stripy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. both pairs are very cute...
    what a lucky little girl Busy has, with her mama making her nice stuff and all!
    I hope she does wear them, why do they get so fussy at this age?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous :) We are vertically gifted in this house too and my 13 year old is already in womens' sizes because of it. You are a super mum. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pants Cath and this is one of those times when you need to pull rank and MAKE her wear them!!!!

    PS. Super jealous of your vertical giftedness. Over here, we are somewhat challenged in the vertical way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love the fisherman's pants! I haven't ever seen kids ones :-) My two year old is fussy with what she wears - drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm horizontally challenged, i have a problem but in the opposite direction!
    3/4 pants are almost full length on me! not a good look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice!
    we have the same prob, 4 yr old wears size 5 or 6 pants which means waist is too big.
    very nice fix!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the fishermans pants too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Busy's pants are cute! I hope she wears them :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How funny, in my blogmind you are tiny! That has blown the whole picture I have of you. Don't tell me you are blonde too.
    LOVE the lobster pants so much.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh. I would seriously wear them. That top pair looks not only cute but comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pants, especially the lobster fisherman pants. Another one who gets the long legged kids problem here. Both my owlets have long legs and chilly ankles :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the pants - especially the lobster fisherman ones - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I need to go make some pants! These are so inspiring..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh, to be vertically blessed... sigh.

    Love the pants, and the lobster dacks are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That lobster fabric is fabulous! I quite like the stripes too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the pants - so now and so versatile - gorgeous idea ;)

    ReplyDelete

what a nice person you are- taking the time to comment in this busy hectic world...Thank you!!